2021 Fact Sheet as of August 12
2021 KENTUCKY STATE FAIR FACT SHEET
AS OF August 12
What’s Been Added As of August 12
- Wheelchair Vendor Information
- Advance Admission Pricing
- Updated Thrill Ville Hours
Thursday, August 19– Sunday, August 29, 2021
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Days||Gates, Outdoor||Exhibits||Thrill Ville|
|Monday – Thursdays||7am-12am||10am – 8pm||3pm Open|
|Fridays – Saturdays||7am-12am||10 am – 9pm||3pm – Open Friday
1pm – Open Saturday
|Sunday the 22nd||7am-12am||10am – 8pm||1pm – Open|
|Sunday the 29th||7am-12am||10am – 6pm||1pm – Open|
*closing time is approximate and subject to change based on attendance.
ADMISSION AND RIDE WRISTBAND INFORMATION
|Promotion Expired: Early Bird Admission||July 2 – August 5||$8 Admission includes parking||Online, Kroger, KEC Box Office|
|Advance Admission||Aug 7 – Aug 29||$10, includes parking||Online|
|Gate Admission||Aug 19 – Aug 29||$10 Admission, $10 Parking||In-Person|
- Advance admission is $10 per person and includes Available Aug 7-29 online at kystatefair.org/tickets. available now through August 29.
- Early Bird Admission was $8 per person and includes parking. Available July 2 – August 5 online at kystatefair.org/tickets , Kroger and at the Kentucky Exposition Center Ticket Office. This wasthe cheapest public admission ticket to the fair for 2021.
- Admission tickets at the gate Aug. 19-29 are $10 per person and does not include parking at $10 per standard vehicle. Children 5 and under are free.
- Details on advance admission ticket pricing sold between August 6 through August 29 will be available at a later date.
- All-Day Ride Advance Wristbands are $25 online and $30 at the Fair. Additional pricing information in Thrill Ville Section. See “THRILL VILLE Hours & Details”.
- Visit https://kystatefair.org/tickets/ to purchase tickets/wristbands.
- Parking is $10 per vehicle at the gate, with parking available for Minimum of 14,000 parked spaces on hard surfaces and grass. Parking configuration will be announced closer to the Fair.
- RV parking is in the F Lot. Reservations are preferred so please call 502-367-5380. No electric, no water, no access to the dump station. Parking is $30 per night and does not include in/out privileges or admission to the Fair. Approximately 35 spaces are available.
SCOOTER AND WHEELCHAIR RENTAL
- Scooter Time Rentals will be located nearby for scooter, wheelchair and wagon rentals on the West Lawn. Please email Info@scootertime.com or call 423-569-1933 for pricing and reservation information.
- Friday, Aug 20 – The Women’s Cup Day at the Kentucky State Fair
Support the Racing Louisville Football Club by wearing lavender and violet to the Fair! Visit North Wing to learn more about Louisville’s professional soccer teams and get information about getting tickets to the Women’s Cup game on Saturday, Aug. 21 at Lynn Family Stadium.
- Sunday, August 22 – Military Sunday Sponsored by AppHarvest
Offered to all who serve or have served our country with Military ID. The recipient and their family (up to 4 people including the person who is redeeming the promotion) receive free admission to the fair. Parking is not included, which is $10 per standard vehicle.
- Tuesday, August 24 – Senior Day at the Kentucky State Fair
All seniors 55 and over receive free gate admission. Parking is not included, which is $10 per standard vehicle. Heritage Hall in South Wing will be open only on this day
- Wednesday, August 25, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Sensory Friendly Morning at the Kentucky State Fair
The Kentucky State Fair and Kissel Entertainment are partnering with FEAT of Louisville and Kentucky Autism Training Center to distribute free admission and midway tickets to family and fairgoers with sensory processing differences. The midway will operate with minimal lights and music during that time to create an enjoyable fair experience for those with sensory sensitivities. To receive tickets, email email@example.com with FEAT of Louisville or firstname.lastname@example.org with Kentucky Autism Training Center. To ensure an enjoyable experience for those in attendance, tickets are limited.
WORLD’S CHAMPIONSHIP HORSE SHOW
Freedom Hall, August 21-28
- Evening performances are held August 21 at 7 p.m., August 22 through August 27, at 6:30 p.m. and August 28 at 7 p.m. Tickets for evening performances August 21– August 26 are $8 and for August 27 –August 28 are $11. Tickets include a facility fee but do not include KSF Gate Admission. Tickets go on sale June 21 at 10 a.m.
- FREE performances are held August 22 at noon and August 23 through August 25 and August 27-28 at 9 a.m. Seating is available in the upper level of Freedom Hall. There are no free performances on August 26.
THRILL VILLE (MIDWAY) ALL-DAY RIDE WRISTBANDS
- Thrill Ville wristbands are good all day, any one day and are valid for every ride in Thrill Ville, though height and weight restrictions may apply. Wristbands are $25 online in advance and $30 during the Fair. $45 VIP Experiences are available online, which includes unlimited ride wristband, line skipping, VIP seating with portable air unit, restrooms, text to order food delivery service and souvenir lanyard. Individual tickets are $1.25 and $25 for a strip of 22 ride tickets.
- There are 45 rides currently planned to be in operation at the Fair. Please visit https://kystatefair.org/attractions/thrill-ville/ for details on height, ride type and various details.
TEXAS ROADHOUSE CONCERT SERIES – FREE WITH ADMISSION TO THE FAIR
- All Free Concerts begin at 8 p.m., with the exception of Sunday, August 29 which is at 4 p.m. and are held in Lot L. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. and at 2:30 p.m. on August 29. Seating is first come, first served. Accessible seating is available.
(Note: Free concerts take place rain or shine. A show may be delayed if there is lightning. Announcements will be made accordingly and updates will be posted on the Kentucky State Fair Website.)
The Texas Roadhouse Concert Series lineup:
Thursday, August 19 Josh Turner with special guest Alex Miller
Friday, August 20 Ginuwine with special guest Color Me Badd
Saturday, August 21 Colt Ford with special guest Elvie Shane
Sunday, August 22 The Oak Ridge Boys with special guest T. Graham Brown
Monday, August 23 Zach Williams with special guest CAIN
Tuesday, August 24 Happy Together Tour 2021 with special guests The Monarchs
Wednesday, August 25 P.O.D. with special guest All Good Things
Thursday, August 26 Jackyl with special guest The Kentucky Headhunters
Friday, August 27 White Reaper with special guest The Tommys
Saturday, August 28 Jameson Rodgers with special guests Exile and J.D. Shelburne
Sunday, August 29 Cory Asbury with special guests We the Kingdom and Jordan Smith
Minor Attendance Policy
- Fairgoers under 18 years old entering after 6 p.m. must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years of age or older. Proof of age is required. IDs will be verified at the gate. In addition to this new policy, there will be increased lighting and law enforcement personnel during peak hours.
Kentucky State Fair Free Shows (Performing around the Fair)
From robot cars to pig shows and juggling to music, the Kentucky State Fair free shows have something for everyone. Acts include:
- The Marvelous Mutts – see rescue canines perform captivating stunts.
- Michael Goudeau – laugh, be entertained and watch him juggle.
- Porkchop Revue – proof that pigs are the smartest animals in the world.
- Renata the Band – three-part harmonies sang by siblings performing music just for you.
- RoboCars – driving around the Fair, watch out for transforming trucks, cars and tractors.
- Welde Bears – watch full-size 400lb brown bears perform for a cause.
- The Mastersons – see award winning illusionists.
- Performances being finalized for the A Lot… and more closer to the fair!
- Performing Arts Stage (Inside North Wing Lobby)
- Gourmet Garden (Inside South Wing A Lobby)
- Family Stage (Inside South Wing C Lobby)
- Broadbent Arena (Inside adjacent to Pavillion and Newmarket Hall)
- Lot A (Outside In Front of South Wing)
- West Wing Show Ring (Inside North Western Part of West Wing)
- Sivori/Miller Lite Music Tent (Outside In Front of South Wing Adjacent to Fountain)
- Texas Roadhouse Concert Series (Outside in Parking Lot L adjacent to Kentucky Kingdom)
- Freedom Hall (Inside Between West Hall and North Wing)
- West Courtyard (Outside Between West Hall and Freedom Hall)
- Budweiser Tent (Outside on West Lawn)
- We will have 3 areas Broadbent, West Hall and Pavilion and up to five show rings. Broadbent will house the following shows: dairy cattle, dairy cattle supreme drive, mules and jacks, mini horses, beef cattle, market goats and Championship Drive presented by Farm Credit Mid-America. West Hall will have all the sheep shows. Pavilion will house: dairy goat, boer goats and swine. There is no “show ring” but poultry, pigeons and rabbits will show in the pavilion the first week as well.
- 23 total tents. 8 tents available to the public and the others 15 are a mix of horse stalling tents and private use tents.
ANNOUNCED JULY 9: UPDATED LIVESTOCK EXHIBITOR DEADLINE AND BADGE PROCESS
- The deadline for Open and 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock departments is extended to the 14th of July with no additional fees.
- Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access + Admission Badge, sold for $25, has 14 admission/parking scans that can now be used for multiple people at the gate, allowing exhibitors to scan in their family or others. This badge will allow the wearer to enter the barn areas during times closed to the public.
- Livestock Exhibitors may also purchase books of Fair tickets that include 11 admission/parking tickets for $44, which breaks down to $4 per ticket.
- At no cost, two Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access Badges that don’t include admission/parking will be provided to exhibitors which will enable them to enter the barn areas during times closed to the public. Requests for additional badges need to go through the Entry Department.
- All badges and tickets for Livestock Exhibitors will be mailed.
COMMONWEALTH’S FACE COVERING POLICY
Based on a new policy issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the Kentucky Exposition Center, home to the Kentucky State Fair has revised the event guidelines to be in compliance with the following: To continue providing a critical service to the state, we are to require all visitors entering the buildings/offices at the Kentucky Exposition Center to wear a mask. All employees must wear a face covering when working inside common areas such as hallways.
With less than a weel away from the Kentucky State Fair, it is possible this policy will be in effect during the Fair. Visit our policies page for additional information.
WEBSITE APP WITH EVENT SCHEDULE
NEW THIS YEAR: The Kentucky State Fair has introduced a website app to replace our previous mobile app. This app will allow visitors to view maps and schedules without downloading anything onto their device. Family Stage, Performing Arts Stage, Food and Music Tents, and the Texas Roadhouse Concert Series have been added to the online calendar. More schedules are being added as they are finalized. To see the event schedule, visit https://kystatefair.org/events/.
LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHEDULE AND JUDGES
- Visit https://kystatefair.org/participate/compete/ and tap on “View Livestock Schedule” or “View List of Judges” to see current list of events and judges.
FAST FACTS (as of 8/12/21)
- 75+ unique daily activities
- Up to 335 Vendors offering a variety of food and items unique to the fair.
- 275 vendors
- 60 food vendors
- 24 performance locations with shows throughout the day
- 45 unique bands with performances within tents, our lobbies and at the Texas Roadhouse Concert Series
- 21,000+ entries highlighting the best of Kentucky in agriculture and general
- 13,889 entries in general
- We had 7,398 entries in Livestock. This includes poultry, pigeons and rabbits.
- $15.3 million dollars in estimated economic impact to Kentucky (based on 2019 in direct and indirect spending)
More updates are coming soon! Have a question that hasn’t been answered? Email us at email@example.com