Kentucky State Fair Entertainment Acts
31 Days Away: New Entertainment & Returning Favorites
The Kentucky State Fair is one month away and the annual summertime celebration is announcing exciting new acts and returning fair favorites. From a new pirate-themed high wire show to long-time favorites like the Miller’s Border Collies, the annual festival has something for the whole family. Held Aug. 18-28 at the Kentucky Exposition Center, the Fair draws approximately 600,000 visitors for the once-a-year opportunity to experience fair food, music, animals, exhibits, entertainment and more.
New Kentucky State Fair Entertainment, Acts and Exhibits
More than 75 activities are available to enjoy at the Fair.
- 9/11 NEVER FORGET – Interactive mobile exhibit honoring the heroes and victims of 9/11. Artifacts including steel beams from the World Trade Center, documentary videos and recordings of first responder transmissions will be displayed.
- The BIG Tent – Entertainment tent featuring unique food, drinks and entertainment. The Dennis Lee Band, hip hop and R&B sensation Kazual, DJ music and contests offer entertainment for the whole family.
- Jason D’Vaude – The Circus Man – Comedic juggling, fire and balancing acts, in addition to precarious stunts, sharp objects, and a dash of danger.
- Kentucky Fire & Rescue – Meet Kentucky’s firefighters and learn about fire safety training and demonstrations from hometown heroes.
- Kentucky Remembers: The Korean War Experience – Walk through a Korean War encampment and M.A.S.H. unit featuring authentic artifacts, vehicles and educational displays.
- Pirates of the Columbian Caribbean – Fun and thrilling high wire show with two pirate crews racing to find the hidden treasure.
- Trivia Tractor – The Wheel of Agriculture is a fast-paced, interactive mobile game show that anyone can play.
- Rescue Ridge – Explore Safety Town and meet with Kentucky’s first responders and military organizations.
Returning Fair Favorites
- Discovery Farm – Learn what life is like on a Kentucky farm and meet cattle, goats, llamas, sheep, poultry, pigs, view live milking demonstrations and the duckling slide
- Largest Pumpkin & Watermelon Contest (Aug. 20) – Witness a pound-by-pound battle of Kentucky’s largest gourds.
- Miller’s Border Collies – See trained dogs execute herding techniques on command in the Show Ring.
- Pork Chop Revue – Comedy animal variety show featuring swine of all kinds! These bodacious barnyard buddies present a show featuring stunts and laughable antics.
- Rooster Showdown: Crowing Contest (Aug. 18-21) – Listen as exhibitors put their roosters’ abilities to the test in this crowing contest.
- RoboCars – Children will be amazed by this innovative strolling act. RoboCars features a monster truck and a pick-up truck that transform as they roam around the Fair.
- Texas Roadhouse Concert Series – Free with Kentucky State Fair gate admission. Watch popular bands and performers, ranging from country to rock all 11-days of the Fair. Talent includes Trace Adkins, Con Funk Shun, Night Ranger and more!
Early bird tickets are available through Aug. 5 at $8 per person and includes parking. Admission at the gate is $10 per person and $10 parking per vehicle. Kentucky State Fair admission is now available online via Ticketmaster and at participating Kroger locations.
Posted in: News