Kentucky State Fair Opens Tomorrow Featuring New Entertainment Acts, Longtime Favorites and Fried Food for Days
The Kentucky State Fair kicks off the best 11 days of summer tomorrow. Running Aug. 18-28 the Fair has something for everyone from blue-ribbon competition to family-friendly entertainment. The Fair draws visitors from across Kentucky for the once-a-year opportunity to experience fair food, music, animals, exhibits, entertainment and more.
“We’re excited to be where Kentucky comes together. From the talented exhibitors earning blue ribbons to long held family traditions, the Fair offers something for every Kentuckian. We have exciting new acts and exhibits this year and cannot wait to celebrate with our fairgoers,” said David S. Beck, President and CEO of Kentucky Venues.
Fairgoers don’t want to miss:
- Daily free acts including longtime favorites like the Miller’s Border Collies and exciting new shows including the Pirates of the Columbian Caribbean and Jason D’Vaude – The Circus Man.
- Blue-ribbon winning competitive entries showcasing Kentuckians’ top talents.
- All the animals! First weekend features dairy cattle, rabbits, pigeons and poultry.
- See more than an acre of agriculture exhibits in AgLand highlighting Kentucky’s farm and field heritage, including the future of farming and agribusiness through 4-H and FFA exhibits.
- Deep-fried delights and classics like corn dogs as far as the eye can see.
- Indoor exhibits – from the Pride of the Counties to Safety Town, fairgoers will find everything from health screening to children’s activities in South Wing B.
- South Wing Shops – vendors from around the state showcase their wares.
- Watch the glitz and glamor as champions are crowned at the World’s Championship Horse Show.
- The Texas Roadhouse Concert Series featuring a lineup that includes popular country, rock, R&B, oldies and Christian performances.
- From thrill rides to family-friendly fun, Thrill Ville is introducing five new rides and updated amenities for this year’s Fair.
Advanced tickets are still available online and include free parking. Admission at the gate is $10 per person and $10 parking per vehicle.
The 2022 Kentucky State Fair is Aug. 18-28 at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Posted in: Press Releases